Serving: 2, Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 tilapia filets (7-8 oz each)
- blackening seasoning (traditional blackened redfish preferred)
- 1 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups lettuce (red and green butter lettuce blend preferred)
- 2 oz sliced cooked hot Italian turkey sausage
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vineagar
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
This light and fresh dish is quick, easy, and packed with flavor.
Mix lettuce, red onion, and mozzarella in a large bowl. Add extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter in pan and ensure bottom is evenly coated. Add tilapia and cook approximately 3 minutes per side until fish is browned and cooked through.
Makes two servings; plate tilapia on top of salad.
Note: This recipe makes 2 servings of a full lean and green meal on the OptaVia 5 & 1 Optimal Health Plan.