Servings: 2, Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt
- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 clove garliv, minced
- 1/4 seedless cucumber peeled and grated
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups diced plum tomato
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
This simple grilled greek dish will make you want to say Opa!
Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
To prepare chicken: Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, red pepper flakes, and olive oil in a dish. Paste the garlic by mashing it with coarse salt. Add the garlic to the marinade, and stir to comine. Add the chicken tenders to the marinade and let stand 10 minutes. Thread tenderloins onto damp skewers and grill 7-8 minutes, turning once.
To prepare the sauce: combine greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, grated cucumber, cumin, and salt. 2 tbsp is 1 condiment serving
To prepare the salad: combine cucumber, tomato, olive oil, oregano, and red wine vinegar. Toss to combine and set stand 10 minutes before serving.
Note: This recipe makes 2 servings of a full lean and green meal on the OptaVia 5 & 1 Optimal Health Plan.