Serving: 1, Preparation time: 60 minutes
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup egg beaters
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- parchment paper
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 oz sliced cooked hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 1 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (mini heirlooms are preferred)
- 1/4 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
- chopped basil for garnish
Sweet, spicy, and savory: this pizza has it all.
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Chop cauliflower in food processor with blade attachment until the consistency of small rice. Mix cauliflower, Mexican blend cheese, and egg beaters in small bowl. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the cauliflower mixture on the parchment paper in to a layer less than 1/8 inch thick - the thinner the better without leaving holes. Bake the crust for 30 minutes then flip and bake for 15 more minutes.
Replace the parchment with aluminum foil and place the crust on top. Spread the pesto on the crust and then add the spinach. Place dollops of ricotta on top of the spinach and then top with the shredded mozzarella. Spread the chopped tomatoes and sausage on top of the cheese and garnish with chopped basil.
Broil on high until cheese melts.
Note: This recipe makes 2 servings of a full lean and green meal on the OptaVia 5 & 1 Optimal Health Plan.